Thursday 3 January 2013

Thankyou cards


It takes a while to get back into crafting mode after the madness of the holiday season, so here are some quick and easy thank you cards that can be made from leftover bits.
Firstly take a look inside your rolls of gift wrap, they always used to have a solid tube in them, but more and more they have a short roll of Kraft paper inside them. This is great paper and can be used for all sorts of things, from matting and embellishments to making pages in mini books. So be sure to save those insides.


It is always rolled up really tightly, but with a bit of folding and trimming you end up with lots of usable pieces..save the end scraps too, they can always be used to make trims and tags.



To keep these note cards as quick as possible, I used the same stamp 3 times. 

It is a fabby little Queen Kat Designs stamp available HERE perfectly cheery as we look forward to brighter warmer days.


Do go and have a nosey around 3dJean's Shop it is a treasure trove of fabulousness, with super quick and friendly service.

For the first card I embossed over the recycled Kraft paper and then added my stamped image, which I coloured with the BRAND NEW FLEXMARKER COLOURS



As you can see I stamped directly onto the Kraft paper, it gives a totally different effect to the colouring, much more subtle and muted. 


For the second card i stamped onto smooth white card, I added a little tape border around the image using  LETRALINE TAPE, the tape I have is bright yellow..easy to alter, I simply ran one of my METALLIC PENS over the tape. 




For card number 3, I again stamped onto smooth white card  and again coloured with the new FLEXMARKERS the image looks totally different with just changing the colours of pens used.

I also used my markers to add doodles around the edge and onto a small tag, remember the left over skinny strip of recycled paper, well it was just big enough to make tags.


and so all 3 cards finished and ready to send out as sweet little thank yous for much appreciated holiday gifts.


4 comments:

  1. Oh they are gorgeous Darcy I've still to create mine!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great recycling idea - shame I threw all of mine away whan I finished my gift wrapping. Just didn't have my crafting head on!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I keep every bit of stuff I find to recycle and if I can't use it, it goes to Donna!! I always have a bag'o'crap for her every time we meet and she loves it!
    Happy New Year,
    Love Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous cards Darcy, love your blog, so many different things you can turn your hands to. I love your little sewn trees! Maybe we'll be seeing more of each other in 2013, ;) Happy New Year. Michelle xx

    ReplyDelete