Saturday 16 November 2013

Guest Spotlight...

Today I would like to introduce you to Kat McBride... I first came across Kat on Twitter, where I spotted her offering lots of tutorials about drawing and painting, specifically faces and individual features. I immediately liked her style and clear instructions and diagrams. Anyone who wants to share their knowledge and encourage others to learn and have fun is worth following and supporting. 

Exciting times are ahead for Kat, and she would love to share them with you. In 2014 she is going to be one of the LifeBook teachers, and I just know if you sign up you will love her lessons. Also, starting in January, Kat is hosting and teaching a year long class of her own. I can persoanlly recommend her classes, having seen them and watched her videos. 

Here is the lady herself to tell you a bit more..

I’m Kat and I create sweet, sultry, feminine paintings in a romantic realist style. I also teach online art classes.


Love whimsical art and mixed media art but want to paint better people? You can paint, I’ll show you how. (No beret required.) If you can shush about how you can't even draw a stick figure I will teach you how to draw a gorgeous face. And that just happens to be the first lesson of Gorgeous Girls 2014.
Kat is very generously giving you the chance to experience a taste of her teaching for free.
Join me for Let's Draw and Paint! Gorgeous Girls, a year-long art class aimed at novice artists who want to learn whimsical/mixed media painting with a foundation in Fine Art techniques. Gorgeous Girls starts January 1st, 2014 at the Early Bird price of $197. Need more info the class? ( http://katcanpaint.com/gorgeous-girls-virtual-art-studio/ )


Are you called to paint and haven’t because you don’t know where to start? Gorgeous Girls is for you. You can unblock, get out of your own way, and create beautiful work that really matters. If you’ve lost your connection with your muse or if you don’t know how to get it revved up I can help you.
I went to Ringling College of Art and Design. I spent a lot of time working without feedback in class. I needed community and feedback to thrive, so I signed up for every art club and I dove deep into the library. I read everything: Art History, biographies, techniques of old masters and modern artists, movements, styles.


My Art Spark ignited through research and discovery; I learned Fine Art painting in class and I hacked the techniques and applied what I learned in the library and through practice to my own art. I learned that practice is super important — you have to do the work, but it doesn’t have to be hard!
I know what works when it comes to simplifying the process of learning to paint because I did it for myself.


I have to be honest with you: I’m kind of an art enabler and a painting zealot. I believe everyone can create the art they love: authentically and enthusiastically. I know life is busy, believe me, I’m a mommy to a four year old boy. Focusing on yourself and your dreams can sometimes seem frivolous, especially when you don’t know when you’ll have the time to create... but I know that making art is like making magic. You need to create, to express whatever is in you, you do. Art will make your life brighter, richer, and fuller. If you want more beauty and more art in your life, then you should surround yourself with more beauty and more art – and you can create it, easy peasy!
Boom, baby — instant clarity, bigger love, more confidence, all with art.


Let's Connect! This is where you can find me:
 FB: https://www.facebook.com/KatCanPaint 
Twitter: https://twitter.com/KatMcBrideArt 
Website: http://katcanpaint.com/ 
and you can catch a free painting class or watch me paint over on Youtube: http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCGwrggYDNyT1yxs-xYqw3MQ

Please do take time to check out her links, you won't regret it.

Darcy x

2 comments:

  1. What an amazing artist & that free tutorial is wonderful. Thank you Kat & Darcy. I'd love to do the 2014 class, but unfortunately, it's beyond my budget at the moment. I hope there will be another opportunity in the future.

    ReplyDelete