Friday 9 May 2014

An unfinished page...or is it?

Indeed, I cannot decide. I truly love this page just as it is. but as I am so used to adding lots of layers, I keep wanting to add more to this page.... but nothing i try works, I think the page is telling me that it is done. 

I had some leftover stencilling on this page, just leftover nougat paint on the stencil. I laid it on the page and wiped off the paint, this effectlively gives a faint resist background. 



I spritzed the page with water, then added stripes of Spanish Mulberry and Guacamole. As son as the paint is on, wipe it back off. this allows the Nougat stencilling to show through. Wouldn't this make beautiful wallpaper?


I then drew on some intersecting lines. 



and painted the background/negative shapes with black gesso.. 


I then used black archival ink and the sketchy stamps from Ellen Vargo 02, this is fast becoming my fave stamp set at the moment. I used a diffferent stamp on each path, just repeating them. I then defined the black shapes with a white posca pen. 


and so it's finished.... or is it?



What do you think? 

Darcy 

15 comments:

  1. oh that is fab - I'm undecided... it works perfectly as it is... but you've got me wondering if you could add an accent of some kind... don't cover too much up though!! I love how the black makes it look like you've laid strips of paper on the page.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think it's fantastic, the stamping looks great. I would say it's finished, but maybe that's because I can't think of what you could add to it. Leave it for a while & see if an idea comes to you?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Be great a master page. Love the colours you have used xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. It looks great, it's amazing how just adding black completely changed its look. I think it makes a fantastic background but I'd have to sit on my hands to resist messing with it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful background - will work either way - would make a good funky scrapbook page with a simple funky photo

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh that is fantastic technique and wonderful using Ellen's stamps. It's modern Darcy!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love it...love the bit where it looks like wallpaper...and the finished page too. It feels like the paths are going somewhere, and I'm curious to know where they lead.♥

    ReplyDelete
  8. I think you should frame it. I liked the optical effects at the 'add the intersecting lines' stage. Wasn't sure when you added the black but the stamping and pen work turn it into a wow. It's a one layer maze. Maybe you could use it as a meditation piece after a few of those drinks with umbrellas in them. Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  9. So cool! I would leave it as it is....or would I? ;o) x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Darcy - absolutely love it. Is it finished? Well, if it were me, I would have the head of your gorgeous little cat poking out from behind one of the lines - but that's just me. Thanks for the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I would say "finished" - great idea xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love it Darcy! Is a page ever finished? Sue C x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Fab techniques, I love the outcome. I can't decide either whether it looks finished but it definitely looks great. I hope you manage to find something to do with it :-)

    ReplyDelete