Thursday 24 September 2015

Windmill Flower

Hi, here again to show you another way to use this fun flower. This time I have turned it into a kind of windmill. 


I began by blending Spanish Mulberry, Beach Hut, Mermaid and Hey Pesto onto smoothy. Over this I brayerd on some white. 


I then used Emma Godfreys star stencil and some Spanish Mulberry over the background. I also added a skinny strip of painted card to the top and bottom. I used WOW black embossing powder to add just the trunk of the text tree from EDY15. 




For this border i painted smoothy with Beach Hut and then stamped part of the stocking image from EDY15. I cut out just the criss cross section and glued these onto a strip of painted smoothy. I cut a small slit at each side of the blue squares and threaded some lace along the length. 


Between the lace border and the skinny edge strip I added 2 of the sentiments.. to join them I used the 'and' from the text tree stamp. 


As always I added some lil white dots.. 


I stamped the flower twice and the button once more. I also stamped the circle image twice, both these are from EDY16. They layered up brilliantly with blobs of matte gel between them. 



I added stamped stars to the background and then a little doodling with a black and white pen. 


Hope that gave you some ideas. Go to your favourite PaperArtsy retailer and pick up some stamps. 

See the launch night video HERE

Darcy x



2 comments: