Sunday 4 October 2015

Skele-cat!

Did you pick up your copy of Craft Stamper yet? if not go and get your copy then you will get my free Sugar Skull stamp. Inside the magazine there are some ideas for using the stamp, but I love it so much I decided to make some more, so here is a skele-cat for you. 

Ages ago, like way back in Februaury I made this cat.. It is just 2 pieces of calico, pinned and stitched.. 


Then it was stuffed and given 2 coats of gesso.. 


Then I lost inspiration and had no idea how I wanted to decorate it, so it sat unloved in a drawer for several months. I finally decided to make it shabby chic and started by applying a few coats of different browns. 


I really liked this base, but again I got stuck with what to do next. 

Then my lil skull stamp came out in the Craft Stamper magazine, and I knew I wanted to use it on the cat. But how.. I searched around and found THESE, now they are wooden and my little cat is just stuffed fabric, but I really liked the overall look. 

So I started over and painted it black. 


I painted some tissue white and then stamped the skull and some extra flowers from the top of the skull. I coloured all these using Pitt pens. I glued them on with Satin glaze. 


I also started adding patterns with paint and posca pens. 


I also stamped some roses from HP1104, leaves from EDY12 and the butterfly from HP1506. These were all coloured with Pitt pens. 


Again they were glued on with Satin glaze. 


I added the butterfly to the back of the head. 


Here is the finished back. 



I gave the whole thing another coat of satin glaze to seal everything in. 


I felt it needed something else, so I added the wire whiskers. 


Hope you liked that, sugar skulls can be fun. I look forward to seeing what you make with your stamp. 

Darcy x


8 comments: