Monday 4 November 2013

Whizz...Bang...Wheee!

Here in the UK we have a tradition of lighting bonfires, setting off fireworks and generally partying on the 5th November..

Remember,remember,the 5th of November. Gunpowder treason and plot...

You can find out about the origins of the tradition HERE...

So for my Letraset blog project this month I decided to create something for a party. This is a cute and quick sign that you can make to hang on your door if you are having a bonfire party.

I started by cutting out these letters, and adding patterns.


I then coloured them using  LETRASET METALLICS...


I then made a background, using acrylic paint. This was mounted onto black card. 


I also mounted the letters onto black card. 


It needed a little more, so I made some arrows in the same way. 


and also a couple of rockets..


Then I glued everything in place and added some string to the top. All ready to hang outside on the night of the party. 


I have a pack of metallics to giveaway...


as usual, I ask that you do TWO things for me. 

1. go over to the Letraset blog and leave a comment on my post over there, click ...HERE...

AND 

2. come back here and add your name to the linky. 

Only names in both places with be entered. The winner will be drawn by random number generator. 








9 comments:

  1. Might get better results with those fabulous metallic colours Darcy! Don't have many Letrasett colours so hoping that i will be lucky. Thanks for the opportunity :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for the giveaway, Darcy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love working with markers and Letrasett metallics look fun! Hope you pick me!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love all things metallic and/or with sparkles!! These look awesome. I've never seen them before. I hope to win!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fun project - I would love to win these markers - they look really great!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great project, have commented over on the letraset blog and will keep my fingers crossed :-)

    Emma x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you 4 sharing sweet xx just love what you do x

    ReplyDelete