Saturday 27 June 2015

Angel Blooms

I loved the process of the 'Basket of Dreams' canvas, (by Tracy Easson) so I decided to make another one. I think I will probably give this to one of my nieces. I have been promising them all a canvas, so this is the first one done.. 

Quick sketch onto canvas..



This time I painted the background first, then I stamped it with a text stamp from ESN15 and white paint. 


I added the texture to her wings and covered them with Treasure Gold.  in several colours. I also roughly cut some flowers from patterned paper and glued those down as the background for the posy. 


Next I worked on the face and hair, and then the dress. 


Love how this face turned out considering it is so small and fiddly to get the shading right. 


Using ELB15, I stamped little dots all over the background and added WOW embossing powder to them. I also added some lines of colour using a credit card and an old discontinued blue fresco from PaperArtsy. 


I wanted to add dimensional flowers. Paper doesn't always hold its shape.. so I glued lots of bits of patterned paper to aluminium foil. Once dry I die cut them all, layered them up and added a brad. Then I was able to bend them into shape. 


Using a Faber Castell Pitt pen I added some stalks, then poked holes in the canvas so that I could tie on some ric rac. 


I die cut these letters, painted them and added Treasure Gold.



and here she is all finished..


Here you can see how amazing the shine is from the Treasure Gold on the wings and bodice. 



Darcy x

14 comments:

  1. Gorgeous! Love her hair. X

    ReplyDelete
  2. Darcy darcy darcy. .... love what you are doing, your niece is going to love her.... her wings are gorgeous! !! Have a lovely weekend Tracy xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. So many sweet details! A beautiful project!

    ReplyDelete
  4. She is just glorious Darcy....I love the golden wings xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful and a great tip for the flowers too x

    ReplyDelete
  6. so pretty and inspiring, thank you for sharing. Love the idea of tieing the ribbon through the canvas Love the flowers and you girl/angel is amazing. I think one of your nieces would be thrilled with this

    ReplyDelete
  7. She's a stunner Darcy!

    Hugs
    Lesley Xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love it Darcie! Wonderful painting!

    ReplyDelete
  9. The hair is a masterpiece....love it...and love her. Gorgeous metallic effect on the wings and genius die cut patterned metal flowers. Ruth x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Brilliant piece, Darcy...ingenius work on making flowers dimensional!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is amazing, I love the face and I love the shine of the treasure gold,

    Lucy x

    ReplyDelete