Tuesday 19 January 2016

Warm and Fuzzy

I recently needed to make some cards, and as I already had my embossing powders and glitters out, what better way to use them. I made 3 very sparkly cards, here is number 1. 

I usually like to work on white linen card blanks, but I think i have used them all and they aren't easy to find at a decent price. however I have a load of cream ones left. I always feel a bit limited with the cream ones, hence the colour schemes, but in the end they turned out lovely. 

I started with a Hero Arts background stamp (Antique Flower) and WOW embossing powder in Copper. 


The copper is a really lovely colour and has always been a favourite of mine. I prefer it to gold. 


Next I cut a strip of card and covered the whole thing with WOW embossing Glitter in Turkish Nights, this is one of the brand new colours. 


This title is from HPXT03 (PaperArtsy) and the embossing is WOW Bark. 


I made some daisies with paper clay, using this cute mould. 


I painted the clay first with black,  then I added a little WOW Metalline Blue, then a little WOW Frozen. and finally added Turkish nights to the centre


Here are all the bits layered up. I added a scrap of lace under the daisy, 


I love the sheen of the copper, and the blue daisy just adds a little pop of colour against the neutral tones. 


I am having fun with these powders, I think we all went crazy for embossing powders in the day and then put them away in drawers. Get them out and play, we need a bit of sparkle in these dark dreary days. 


Darcy x

2 comments:

  1. This is lovely Darcy and I agree the copper has a gorgeous tone. The daisy really does make the whole thing pop beautifully. I never put my embossing powders away....they were the first products I ever bought 20 odd years ago and I use them lots. I even have my very first pot....I can't bear to throw it away ;0) Keep warm x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jane, my first stamps were 2 celtic designs bought in Edinburgh, along with a versamark ink pad and 3 pots of embossing powder. This too was over 20years ago. I still have all of them lol

      Delete