Tuesday 25 October 2011

Circle journal

So it's that time again, the circle journals are once more changing hands. this month I worked in Catherine's book. I had a tricky start, apart from deciding on pink and blue, I really didn't know what I wanted to do.

So I gessoed the page a little, and added neocolours.
















Then I sprayed dylusions inks through a stencil..















and then I completely changed my mind, added different colours, some white acrylic, some bubble wrap stamping, some lines of black and silver acrylic, and some gesso stars at the top.
















next i drew a birdie, based very loosely on a hummingbird..it is coloured with necolours and prismas, a little stamping on the head and glossy accent dots added to the wings. All the feathers are cut out separately and stuck on.
















For the tail feathers I used 3 layers, a solid bit with text stamping on it, a stamped and cut out swirl , and some stamped acetate.

















All the pieces were glued to the birdie.



















Then i drew and cut out a birdcage in cardstock. I painted it gold, then added 3 layers of UTEE in golds and in verdigris, when cool I cracked it and rubbed navy wax into the cracks.



















I added the cage and the bird to the page, along with some lace under the cage, and some stamped and cut out flowers..stamped on book text.
















It looked all the same colour, and needed something more. I made some 'thistle' type flowers from cardstock covered in cosmic bondable film, and lines of embossing powder..















Once everything was glued in place i added the printed title and rubbed some silver wax over the bird.















Close up of the bird.



















and keeping in the same theme, this is the tag i made to go with the page. Coloured first with neocolours, small leaves punched out for the edges, they are coloured with promarkers. I drew the tree, coloured that with promarkers and cut it out...yes I cut out all those tiny green leaves.

The bird is cut with a die, the birdcage was done on the cricut, and covered in UTEE.

5 comments:

  1. Absolutely beautiful pages. Your bird is such a lovely creation. penny

    ReplyDelete
  2. OH MY GOD!!!!! This is divine!!! Thank you for talking us through the process, that humming bird is sensational :D XXX

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's amazing Darcy! I really like seeing how you bought the page together xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. So many lovely textures and layers, its hard to appreciate just how much work goes into an art journal page until you have done one yourself and I totally get how much time and love you have poured into this amazing piece of art Darcy xxx

    ReplyDelete