Sunday 21 April 2013

Have your tickets ready please...

I adore vintage ephemera, especially tickets. I would love to have a roll of old bus tickets lol I have simple ambitions hahaha

Recently I was pointed to this video, in it the lady decorates and paints some die cut tickets.


Aren't they the loveliest tickets you have ever seen? I immediately wanted to buy the die....

BUT THEN..

the wonderful Dana made this video showing how to make blank tickets without the need for a die..




All you need are strips of card, a pattern wheel and a hole punch..simples.


So I made loads of them, some in smooth card and some in watercolour paper.




I contacted Dana to say how brilliantly simple her way of making them had been, and asked if she wanted to swap some. 

These are the ones I made for her, the flower ones are more vintage style and are on watercolour paper. The bottom ones are more modern and funky, done with markers on smooth card. 


Here are the gorgeous tickets that Dana sent back to me. I just love them, thankyou. 


working so small is definately a challenge, but I love how they all turned out. 

why don't you give it a go, and better still swap some with a friend. 




17 comments:

  1. Love the idea of ticket swapping Darcy, You might just start a trend there! It's so fab! I want to swap too! Michelle x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Genius! I saw the ones you received when you showed them before, but the ones you made her are fantastic too! What a clever idea.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oooh, these look fab. I'll have to add these to my ever growing list of things to try! x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Darcy.
    Saw this from Dana earlier on her blog, so simple to make.
    I wish I had seen this before i forked out for the Tim die.
    I love how both your sets of dies look, must see if my friends fancy swapping. Debbiex

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Darcy..you've just reminded me that I have this ladies u tube video in my favs and actually did a couple of the ages and ages ago...no idea where they got to tho...they are so pretty aren't they? think they are what made me buy the die lol. Yours are great! love them!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh I have to check out both these videos. Both sets of tickets are just gorgeous :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ingenious. Love the ones you made. They are colorful, unique, and totally different styles. I can tell both you gals are stampers.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a great idea - the tickets are lovely! I have the Tim Holtz die and think I ought to try this out soon. Thank you for the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Don't I have enought o do without you tempting me further!!!....this is a "must try" project :D XXX

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow these are adorable... I have a ticket punch but never thought about creating art on something so small! Brilliant!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I saw that video once too. I love all this detail - like gorgeous miniatures. Your blog is stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I watched both vids and I already have this ticket die of TH but I just loved what you all did with them WOW so beautiful and I have a feeling I may be busy with these beauties they will be great in my journal Ha. Thanks Darcy, this list of to do things is ever so much longer than I can handle lol Dxx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful Darcy - what a fabulous idea!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I just found your blog from a link of UKS and boy, am I glad that I did!! I am so impressed with this idea - I love tickets - but I love yours especially! Thank you for the tutorial and inspiration. Off to make some asap!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Really Cool! I have a whole row of Red tickets that I got at a thrift store. I'm going to see what I can do with them.

    ReplyDelete
  16. This is brilliant! Great idea and so artfully done :)

    ReplyDelete