I thought I would set myself a mini challenge with my new stamps, to use just one of them as a focal stamp and create 6 very different cards. I chose to focus on the steampunk robin from EDY03.
Bottom layer - white card blank
middle layer - smoothy card stamped with archival red geranium and the background stamp from HP1105
top layer - smoothy card stamped with black and red archival and group snowflake from EDY04
robin is stamped in black and just his breast is coloured with promarkers...
all layered up and finished..
Bottom layer - smoothy card with Treasure Gold rubbed around the edges.
middle layer - Choc pudding Fresco paint
top layer - gold fresco paint, then crackle glaze, then nougat. Bird is stamped in black archival, then whole piece is sanded lightly.
Flower created using smallest grunge flower die, the centre is the single snowflake from EDY04
All layered up with a piece of ribbon.
Card # 3.
Background - smoothy card painted with several blues and the snowflake Fresco paint, blended with a sponge in the middle where the white meets the blue. Stamped trees are Hero Arts. Edge is rubbed with Pewter Treasure Gold.
Robin is stamped onto smoothy that was first painted with Pewter Fresco paint, then a little pewter was added to Claret and to Beach Hut to create metallic coloured paints for the other areas. Another piece of smoothy was painted with metallic beach hut and the holly stamped onto it.
Layered up and with a sentiment added ..
Card # 4.
Bottom layer - smoothy card, the edges rubbed with Treasure Gold.
middle layer - several translucent frescos blended. Homeade tissue tape added, then Grunge paste coloured green and added thru a vine stencil. The small berry dots are coloured grunge paste.
top layer - cream tag with homemade tissue tape and text from both EDY03 and EDY04
Robin is a paper cast, painted with 3 different browns, then highlighted with ruby,sapphire and white fire Treasure gold.
Bottom layer - smoothy card, the edges rubbed with Treasure gold
Middle layer - greens and blues Fresco paint.., blended. then the text is stamped in archival potting soil, using Mini 39
Lots of holly leaves were stamped in archival fern green, and some in Distress Ink Forest Moss.
I stamped lots of xmas stamps onto smoothy in different colours. I stamped the bird all over, so that different areas of the bird were on different colours. Then I cut out all the separate parts and fitted them back together onto a thinner card as backing.
All layered up, with a little corrugate..
Card # 6.
I stamped the robin onto velvet, then stitched on strips of Christmas fabric.
Added to the card blank with a ribbon and some doodling.
So one bird, 6 cards...
Now here is my challenge to you. Play along and you could win one of my new Christmas stamp A5 plates. If you have already bought them then please do still play along, if you win the stamps they would make a great xmas gift for one of your crafting friends.
1.Take one stamp and create several Christmas cards with it, all using diffierent methods/techniques. You don't have to make 6, there is no minimum number, but push yourself and make as many different ones as you can.
2. You do not have to use PaperArtsy stamps or paints, but it would be great if you did.
3. If you don't have any Christmas stamps at all, then get creative, select one of your stamps that will work.
4. Please do not link up cards that you have already made and blogged, these card should be new and made over the next week. To clarify, please link up new cards made this week,inpsired by my post and not old cards . That way everyone has the same amount of time to make their cards. Feel free to enter your cards in whatever other xmas challenges that you want.
5. Take a photo of your cards, blog them, or add to flickr,tumblr etc any public place where we can see them. Then come back here and add your link.
6. Check back here next Sunday evening, I will select 2 winners using a random number generator. Each winner will receive one plate of stamps.