Wednesday 13 November 2013

Wednesday Face

This week I was so pushed for time, I seem to be saying that a lot, maybe I need an assistant lol

So instead of drawing, I just wanted something nice and easy to colour in. is that cheating? hell no, it's all good people, if you find templates then use them it is a great way to practise other things like shading. Some people never get to the colouring in because they get so hung up and stuck on the initial drawing.

So I used one of JAY'S FREE TEMPLATES...


I printed her out on smooth card.

Then I started to colour her using PROMARKERS...


I added another layer ..


and another..


Finishing her off with a white gelly roll pen. 


Then on a whim I cut her out..



Might have been an idea to plan what I was going to do with her once cut out... but that would have been sensible... so I messed around and ended up in art journal mode..



Finally I glued her onto the page, and went around her with a grey pen. 


Thanks for looking. 

Darcy x






7 comments:

  1. She's lovely Darcy! I've just started drawing and painting evening classes, but haven't tried doing people yet! It was leaves tonight :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. so very beautiful! Love that image too. great coloring

    ReplyDelete
  3. Absolutely gorgeous Darcy. Shading is ace. Soooo talented. X

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so beautiful!!! I love it XX

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks Darcy this is a good idea not something I've let myself do. Great way to practice as my shading needs developing. I love your lady and I feel I have permission now. Xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. She is gorgeous. I love your colouring & that journal page is perfect for her.

    ReplyDelete