Wednesday 1 January 2014

Weekly Face on Weds....

Happy New Year...wow that came around so fast, I can hardly believe it is 2014 already. Last year was such a busy one for me, it seemed like I did not stop for breath from April through to Dec. This year is shaping up to be even busier. 

I wish you all a wonderful year, and hope that it brings all that you wish for. 

So here are some faces for you, 3 for the price of 1. 

In my previous post I showed how to make a cover for a diary... SEE HERE

Here is the artwork that I put on the front. 

I started with a piece of cartridge paper, and covered it with background stamping using Archival potting soil. 


I then sketched in my girls face, a girl with big hair.. I also ripped the edges. 



I coloured her in using Promarkers and stamped the bird from HP1104


Then I finished colouring her in..  adding some more stamping at the bottom and around her hairline. 


Finally I matted this onto a piece of black card and stuck that to the front cover of the diary. 


I loved it so much I made 2 more as Christmas gifts..


This skull image was drawn by Jay who very kindly allowed me to use it. 


here they are all together, stacked up and ready to wrap.. i just love all the colours. 



and all 3 of the front images..


I hope you enjoyed seeing these, I know I will be making more of them.

Darcy x



9 comments:

  1. All of them are stunning, i really love the girl with red hair & her words are fun yet cautionary. Hope to see more soon.

    Am looking forward to your new stamp releases too:-) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great set of books real vibrancy in the colours love the skull one full of fun x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Darcy, they are completely gorgeous. I love your faces & I'm very jealous of the people who received these stunners.

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are amazing, could we have some faces stamps in 2014???

    ReplyDelete
  5. I do love your "big haired girls".....I am always amazed by the strength of colour you get with the markers too. Looking forward to sharing 2014 with you :D XXX

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are absolutely awesome - when I get back I really must have a go at these. What I adore is that they are all so original - you just can't beat hand drawn and you never know what you expect until it is finished do you.

    Have a wonderful New Year

    ReplyDelete
  7. Three gorgeous journal covers. Happy New Year to you Darcy. Wishing you all good things in 2014

    ReplyDelete
  8. Loving all 3 of these. If only I could draw. I know, I know--those of you who can draw say anyone can do it. They haven't met me! ;-)

    ReplyDelete