Thursday 10 July 2014

For no particular reason

...I just wanted to spray and paint and play. I had no theme in mind, no plan. I just started adding colour, painting, stamping and stencilling.


Then I added stronger colours in drips and more stencilling, and around the edge. 


Then I really didn't know where to go, so I flicked through my stencils for inspiration, and found this one. I used black ink to stencil her first, then moved the stencil over and repeated her using grunge paste. Once this dried I was able to paint her. 


on the left I doodled an outline and some wavy lines , along with a few circles. I used gesso to knock back the areas that i wanted to write on and left the original painty background showing through the circles. 


the poem I copied out is 'I Love You in Secret by pablo Neruda'

I then added some white dots with a posca pen on the dress and around the circles. 



I thought it was finished, but then decided to add this title just to one side. 


Finished page.. 


Darcy x

12 comments:

  1. Wow, your girl really pops with the black shadow behind. Love your doodles and how you lest the background showing through the circles.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your left hand page reminds me of a small stained glass panel i made many years ago. Love, love, love this page!

    Fantastic two page spread, like how you have reflected the circles on the left onto the ladys skirt.

    Amazing journal pages Darcy, tyfs:-) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love it especially her dress!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love both pages! 50's Glamour and abstract goodness, can't get much better xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a brilliant shadow effect, Darcy. I learned new technique here. Thank you.
    And pages are just awesome, love the purple

    ReplyDelete
  6. Darcy - it's amazing what you can achieve without a plan. Love the page with the poem. Thanks for sharing. Jean.x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Simply fun and gorgeous, I love the dress!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fabulous pages, I love the gorgeous dress and bubble's idea xx

    ReplyDelete