It started out as this pink and silver clock that I rescued from a local charity shop.
but very soon it looked like this..
I then sponged on some Turquoise , Slate and chalk from the new JoFY range of paints.
I took the cardboard face, and added first Turquoise, then a layer of crackle glaze and then a layer of chalk.
I then stamped the grasses from EDY09
I stamped them first in Watering Can Archival, and the over stamped with Fern Green.
Next I painted some tissue paper and stamped the birdhouse from EDY10
I added some details and also the bubble flowers from EDY09 using Cherry paint from the JoFY range. and then glued on the birdhouse.
Next I punched some small circles out of card, painted some chalk and some turquoise. I layered them up and added some rub on numbers. The face could now be put back into the clock case along with the hands.
Now for the outside. I painted some Tyvek,
once dry I stamped leaves and flowers from EDY10, and cut them out.
I zapped them very lightly with a heat gun, just to force them to curl and create interesting shapes.
I painted and stamped the bubble flower from EDY09 onto metal card, once cut out the individual stems can be bent into position.
I then started glueing the flowers and leaves into place, slotting the metal stems between the rest.
On the other side I added the same flowers etc, but also added the feather from EDY09, so that it curls around the lower edge.
For the bells on top, I stamped the flock of birds from EDY10, onto tissue paper, this was torn into small pieces and glued to the painted bells with matte medium. I also cut some triangles, painted them cherry red and stamped them with the 2 text stamps.
Finally I added some dimensional dots inside the flowers, on the bells and on the pennants.
I love this clock, hope you do too.
Why don't you pop to your local charity shop and see what you can rescue to alter.
I will be back soon with the step by steps photos of Miss. Veronica.