Morning everyone, just popping in to let you know I am hosting a new monthly challenge for 2015. It has been a couple of years since I last hosted a challenge, so it's about time I got one started.
This will involve a calendar..Intrigued? you want to play?
The Project: To decorate/alter a page per month in a calendar
You need: A cheap calendar
The rules: only 4
I bought this cheap one. You can buy any size, any style, and type of pictures. This is your calendar, pick one that you like.
These are the pictures in my calendar, again,... pick one that you like. There is a very good reason for this, which you will see in the rules.
Here is the date/planner part of mine. I intend to decorate this too.. but you don't have to, that it entirely optional.
1. Each month, decorate the picture page of one month. You can also decorate the date/planner bit too if you want to, but you don't have to. You can decorate in any way that you want:
You get the idea, anything goes... however... you must incorporate some part of the original picture... see now why you need to pick one that you like. You can paint,collage,stencil or whatever all over the page, but some original part must remain on show, and be part of your new design.
2. Each month there will be a technique to incorporate, interpret it any way that you want, with any brand or style. But it must appear somewhere on the page
3. Each month there will be a theme or item of ephemera to include.
4. Each month I will blog my finished page along with a linky, you blog your calendar on your blog and add your name to the linky in my post.
Here are a couple of sneaky peek previews of what I have done with my page.
On January 1st I will blog my calendar page, and photos of how I decorated it. There will be a linky at the bottom for you to join in. You can link up straight away on the 1st, or take your time, the link will remain open all month. It will close on Feb 1st, when a new link for Feb will go live. (Sorry no prizes, this is just for fun) If you are unsure how this all works then wait till you see mine on the 1st and then join in.
So you need to know the technique and theme/addition for January..
1.. Keep a part of the original picture and incorporate that into your design
2, Technique - Crackling, any brand of crackle glaze, or the pva crackle method.... or any other way you can think of to add crackling.
3. Add some book text
4. Blog your calendar page and link up from Jan 1st 2015
So who will join me? Hope to see some fantastic calendar pages from you all next year.