Morning, here is the 3rd of the tags that I took to Stitches. This one is quite different for me, I don’t usually do vintage, but wanted to try it out with this tag.
I started by glueing book text to a piece of smoothy and once dry I added French Roast which was quickly wiped off just leaving a stain behind. Then I did the same with Buff, dried the tag and added more Buff and finally drybrushed with a little Snowflake.
I die cut 4 small tags and painted them with Buff. I then stamped on them using images from my collection and some from ESN15, using Tree Branch, Orange Blossom and Potting Soil Archival inks.
I stamped the flower heads from EDY11 onto painted heavy smoothy and also painted a small button, I later decided this was too small and painted a slightly larger one.
Here you can see I attached the 5 flower heads together with the button centre. On another tag I painted cotton tape and stamped over it, this was just wrapped around the tag. I added the triangle leaf and some lace to the 3rd tag, and small rectangles stamped with the border from EDY11 onto the 4th small tag.
Finally I mounted the small tags into more book pages pieces and then glued them all to the backing piece.
I think they work pretty well and shows that my quirky,weird,alien flowers can work in a vintage setting too.
Techniques here are.. using a vintage palette, layering images in the background using different but similar shades of ink, using book text, painting on tape and buttons.