Wednesday 18 February 2015

Demo Tag # 2

hi everyone, here is another sample that I took to Stitches. 

I began by brayering Guacamole, Tinned Peas and Hyde Park over some heavy smoothy. 


I then stamped the background leaves from EDY12 with Snowflake. Remember when using a background stamp to turn it around and stamp in different directions to get good coverage and stop it looking too uniform. 


I painted some Green Olives and Guacamole onto some heavy smoothy and then stamped the leaf from EDY11. Over some London Bus I stamped the microbial image from EDY13. 


I also stamped 3 of each image onto the tag. 


I then cut out my stamped leaves and glued them onto the tag, 


I filled in the oval shapes completely with Little Black Dress. 


I cut apart the images stamped onto red, filled in the spots and attached them to the tag. 


Voila! ladybirds... ok so they have too many legs lol but they are cute. 


I die cut some more smoothy and stamped my text then mounted this onto card painted with Hyde Park. 


Using EM11 i made a little flower centre to put over the leaves in the top corner. 


Try looking at your stamps in a different way, what new shapes can you create?

Techniques here, Stamping in white on a background, using a stamp in a totally different way by cutting it apart, layering cut out shapes over stamped shapes. 

Darcy x


13 comments:

  1. Fantastic - I may just have to pinch your ladybirds!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are just too clever for words!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Darcy - you are a genius! This has really made me smile - love those ladybirds! Chrisx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the colour combination on this tag and the idea of making the ladybirds from the round stamp is amazeballs! Xxx.

    ReplyDelete
  5. *Squeeing*...Those ladybirds are soooo cute! :D XXX

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wonderful ladybird Darcy, what a great idea and fantastic inspiration :-) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love those ladybirds, fab idea mate! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fab tag, the ladybirds are very cute.

    ReplyDelete
  9. They are way cute!!!! Fab idea!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fabulous tag, adorable!!! :D Also very clever, the ladybirds are perfect and so cute!! xx

    ReplyDelete