Hello again, here is the pencil case that I promised to you. You can see that it matches perfectly the journal cover from my previous post. it was made in pretty much the exact same way... however instead of on card it is on fabric.
I cut 6 pieces of lightweight cotton fabric, and added one coat of gesso to one side of each piece. They were then hung up to dry.
I coloured each piece with paint from the new limited edition paints and then cut them apart.
As with the paper version I added background stamps and borders from my own new collections.
Then I added the focal images using black archival ink.
See how beautifully these stamps work, even on fabric..
I tried to use as many of the stamps as possible to make the squares interesting.
This is what I ended up with, lots of bright funky squares.
I stiched them together, first in strips then stitched the strips together.
Because of the gesso and the paint, the seams are quite bulky, I trimmed them, opened them out and then ironed vilene to the back of the 2 main pieces. This flattened the seams and prevents them making the 'right' side look all bumpy.
Next I trimmed my 2 large pieces of patchwork fabric to the right size.
Then stitched the 2 pieces together, added a zip and a plain cotton lining.
Love them as a matching set.
Why don't you have a go at stamping on fabric..