hi there, here is another launch sample. this time it is not using just my stamps, though they are in the background. The focal images are from the new Hot Picks sets.
I began by painting 3 sheets of regular smoothy, 2 colours on each sheet, giving me 6 pieces of painted card. For this project I used the new limited edition colours.
Once painted i used similar colours of ink to stamp background images from all my new sets. The sheets were then cut into squares and rectangles of differing sizes.
Then I used HPXT06..07..08 to add a punchy image to each shape.
I stamped rows of dates, single words and collages of numbers.
All these were them glued to a backing piece (more regular weight card)
As with journal covers that I have made before I wanted to add some stitching. it wasn't needed as all the pieces were well glued down, but I like the look of a zigzag stitch over the joins.
I tried my journal against the piece for size and decided a little needed to be trimmed off... but it was too pretty to throw away..
I folded the short ends in and laid the skinny offcut in the centre and then machine stitched the outer edges.
So now I have a bookmark... how cool is that..
This is just a small journal/moleskine, about 5 inches by 9inches. perfect for a project I am starting with some friends.
I can't wait to get started and work in this journal..
These new text stamps are so fantastic, bold and interesting and so useful. I loved how this patchwork turned out, loved it so much I made a matching pencil case. I will be back in a couple of days to show you how I made that.