Thursday 17 September 2015

It's Crafting Time

This past weekend I have been down in Cambridge with Nina from It's Crafting Time I travelled down by train on Saturday, arriving around lunchtime. My bags were super heavy so i grabbed a taxi from the train station and had him drop me off near Argos where I popped in and bought some 'wheels' for my bags.. Then it was a breeze wandering around the town , having lunch and enjoying the sunshine. 



Just after lunch Nina came to pick me up and we went to Harston Hall This is where It's Crafting time will be holding workshops and having their pop up shop. Check out their website HERE to see what dates and teachers they have coming up. 

So we arrived at the hall to find Jo Firth Young in full swing with her afternoon workshop. 



the lovely Nina 



and here is the fab pop up shop,, seriously well stocked, paints, inks, paper pads. stamps, stencils and much more.. 


always nice to see my stamps on sale.. 


I set up the samples that I had brought with me.. 


So that people that were popping in could have a look while the workshops were running. 



Once Jo finished her class we had a clear up and then went straight into my evening workshop. We were making this fan and case.. 



We worked on both things at once, here you can see the cases and fan papers being decorated.. 


it was a late finish and by the time we had eaten.... pasta followed by cheesecake, it was an early night. Bright and early on Sunday we were off back to the hall to start the morning workshop. This time we were making a memory book. 



Here are some of the book covers being made.. 



At lunchtime we stopped and everyone had chance to go shopping for supplies, then we began the afternoon class. this time we were decorating a bag panel.. 


Straight to it getting the first layer of colour down onto the fabric.. 


our handy dandy drying station.. 


Adding some vibrant stencilling.. 





our drying station also doubled as an embossing station, where everyone got to try out embossing onto fabric. 


At the end of the day Jo just had time to stitch her panel to the bag. 


Sally did an awesome job of ironing on the backing fabrics and counting out beads.. 


Nina was just being Nina lol


Nearly all done, just a bit of beading and some glueing left to do.. 


Thanks to everyone who came along, hope to see you all again soon. If people send me finished photos I will add them here. 



Darcy x



EDIT.. Margaret sent me a pic to say her bag was finished.. 




6 comments:

  1. Looks like a fabulous time was had Darcy. Love those bags & wish I was closer to your venues especially That's Crafty!

    Hugs
    Lesley Xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Missed Margaret ' s bag pic. It's beautiful! Lesley Xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like everyone had a blast!
    Alison xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Another wonderful weekender...your imagination seems to have no limit :D XXX

    ReplyDelete
  5. Had a fab day. I promise I will send over pictures when I have finished xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks like you all had a fab time.

    ReplyDelete