Monday 26 October 2015

Happy BOO-day

Here is a birthday card for those born near the Halloweeny period. it uses the free cover stamp from Craft Stamper. I do hope you all have your copy by now. 

I started with some buff coloured card, to this I added some bits of music paper. then I added Buff, Caramel, Toffee and Chocolate Pudding Fresco paint. 

Over this I added stamping from ESN11 and HPHW04, then I brayered Nougat, and then added the stamped dots from HPXT01


Next I used Mini 23 and Gold Rich Pale WOW embossing powder to add the numbers. This adds a really beautiful layer. 


I pulled out some left over bits of corruagted card, a strip of painted paper left over from making a journal cover, and some other bits, and started playing around layering them up. 


I painted card with Mermaid and Toffee, over this I stamped the skull, and added details with Nougat paint. This is layered over scrumpled waxy paper , lace, and some stamped bones. 


The vertical collections of strips needed something more, so I wound jute string around them. 


Here is it finished.. 


I love how the embossing powder shines when you angle the card. 


It has been so much fun this month, having my design on the cover and being able to play with the stamp. I hope you are having fun with yours. 

Darcy x

1 comment:

  1. Smashing Halloween Birthday card Darcy. You're right about that fab shine on the embossing and your stamp looks great.

    Hugs
    Lesley Xx

    ReplyDelete