Hi there. I was going through one of my journals and realized that these pages had not been blogged. They are all from this year... no steps outs, sorry.. but I thought you might like to see the finished pages.
For this one I played around with colours, and stencils. Then I stamped some of my flower stamps across the centre. The outer edges of the flowers were darkened a bit to make the flowers pop.
This one is a mixture of paint and Dylusions sprays. Stencilling, stamping, white highlights.
I adore this page. To start with I love, love the background. lots of browns and neutrals. topped with a smattering of WOW embossing powder. It was hard one to cover up.
I stamped the butterflies across the page first in paint, then I went over then in black archival ink. Then I stamped more butterflies onto painted card and cut those out, they were glued on top . The three layers of butterflies gives great depth.
Finally this one.. this was fun... I went back to Lin Brown's limited edition paints from a while ago, (Chartreuse, Seaweed, Tikka and Chutney) I really liked this set and didn't do nearly enough with them when they first came out.
I layered up the colours in the background, then continued to use the same colours to stamp the foliage and the side borders.
Next I stamped the focal images onto book pages and cut those out..
On this side I stamped the thistles onto tissue paper, coloured the back of the tissue then tore them out and glued them on.
This is a journal that I usually take to demos, so if you see me at a show then you will get to see these pages in person.