Thursday 17 March 2016

Flutterby Postcard

I began with a postcard size piece of smoothy card, to this i added some torn book text and covered it all with Smurf Fresco paint. 


I then used my new stencil PS029, and added the small butterflies using Snowflake paint.



For the grass I used Baltic Blue and bumped that with China. This adds just a little dimension. 


In the background I added the leaf/stem stamp from EDY19 and then stencilled the large butterfly using Tango and Cherry Red. if you go over each colour a few times you achieve a really nice blend. i also added a little Smurf to the grass tips. 


I felt the background needed a little more, so I added some of the hanging beads from stencil PS031 using China. 


The red berries are from stamp EDY17, these are going to be a great addition to any bunches of flowers to add pops of colour. 



To finish I added white dots with a posca pen and some stick-on pearls. The text is from EDY19, with the lead word highlighted by stamping it again onto painted card. 


All these stamps and stencils are available now from your favourite PaperArtsy retailer. Please support your local shop. 

Darcy x

5 comments: