... not a card. Well, when it starts out as a card and turns into something else.
I fancied a little gell plate session. So I grabbed my plate, some paint, stencils and some heavy weight smoothy card.
This was my first page, it started black with some stencilling..
Next I added pale green, then some pink and finally blue.. forgot to take more photos.
This was from the 2nd sheet, first blue..
then orange.. more stencilling, and then yellow, again I forgot to take photos of each stage.
These are the pulls that I made, the pink one is actually some of the yellow one with added pink. I can never quite decide whether i think gelli printing is worth all the effort, it took ages just for 2 sheets. I could have painted more than that in half the time.
I used my new butterfly stencil PS029 to outline a butterfly on one of the prints.
and PS030 to make the lollipop flowers onto the pink sheet.
I used PS031 and some Stewart Gill paint to create an edge on my card blank.
I then added my darker print to the centre.
and added the other bits plus a title.
I liked it, but somehow it just didnt seem finished. Because I had used heavy cardstock, and few layers of paint, the front of the card was now quite weighty. To balance that out I brayered on a little paint onto the back of the card.
This made it feel better, but still I felt it needed more. then it hit me, it really was more like a book cover now than a card... so why not add pages.
I rifled though by bit bag and pulled out some previously painted left over papers and cut them to size. Some are just paint, some stencilled, some marbled.
I stitched them intothe cover..
and voila! a 6x6 travel size mixed media journal.. love it!