Thursday 23 June 2016

Houses

As you know on the PaperArtsy blog we run challenges every two weeks. A recent challenge topic was 'Our house' I have been doing the topics in a junk type journal as i did last year. Never spending too long on the pages and not trying to make them pretty, they are more just reminders of the topics and for trying out new techniques or products. 

Generally I don't take photos of the steps, but for this topic I did. So here is my house page. 

I began by painting the page with blues and greens, then I added grunge paste through a stencil. Once dry I sanded this back to back a smooth surface and added a little stencilling in darker shades. 


 Next I added Ranger Crazing medium all over the page and left it to dry. The cracks are very tiny and don't show up well here, but after more layers they show up really well. 


I dug out some old scraps of painted papers and used my house stamps on them. I love these houses, so funky and full of interest. 




I also coloured this die cut using PaperArtsy Infusions. I sprinkled them, then spritzed with water and allowed them to puddle, before leaving to dry. 


Then I added more powders, building up the colours till I had this shabby wood look. 


I used Prima watercolours to add drips to the top of the page. 


I also used Prima watercolours to add more colour to the houses. 


 I stamped out my title, but it was a bit small, so to beef up part of it i coloured this circle and heart die cut again with Infusions. 


once layered up it worked really well. 


a few splats of yellow here and there again with the watercolours, these act like stars in the night sky and start to lift the page. 


White highlights with a posca pen add pops of light too. 


Here you can see how well the crazing stands out after all the layers and washes of colour. 


 Although the houses were stamped on painted papers, by adding more colour with the watercolours they are now really vibrant. 


the finished page. 


Hope you are enjoying the topics each fortnight, if you haven't seen any of them yet then do check out the PaperArtsy blog. 

Darcy. 

11 comments:

  1. this is gorgeous, Darcy! love the houses, and the fence is fabulous.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this, must get me these houses!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous, fence is wonderful and starry splats give a great effect. Xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is gorgeous Darcy...love it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is gorgeous Darcy...love it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fab pages Darcy. Love that crackle & the fence does look really weathered!

    Hugs
    Lesley Xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fab pages Darcy. Love that crackle & the fence does look really weathered!

    Hugs
    Lesley Xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wonderful houses, the crackle is amazing and beautiful water colours pages. Very fun!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ooooh! GORGEOUS! I LOVE that set. Lx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oops! Pressed the button to early. I was going to say I love that set and it works beautifully with the watercolour. Love all the splatters. Fab! Lx

    ReplyDelete
  11. What an amazing spread! Darcy, thank you so much for all of your work in organizing the 3UP! I loved creating for the challenge and am enjoying everyone's projects/post immensely. Hugs, Autumn Clark

    ReplyDelete