Sunday 8 July 2018

A birthday Card

I am terrible at making cards, really,really terrible.. not the actually making so much as the remembering to make and then remembering to send. It is a rare thing indeed to get a homemade card from me lol However, My brother is a huge Batman fan, so I just had to make a card for him.

I previous years I have done silhouettes of the batman character, but this time i wanted to try a different character and more of a realistic sketch. 

I started out with sketching the general shapes. 


and then blocked in the darkest areas..



Working on one area at a time...


I wasn't sure at all that I ha captured the features well, I wasn't well and was sketching this in bed. It looked more like Einstein than the Joker lol


I knew I wanted to work in graphite, but I also wanted a splash of colour. Using Crayola Slick Stix I added the bright red scar across the mouth. 


Here it is taken in better light, it is also laid on my ipad cover. I think it would look cool in a red frame. 


Darcy x





4 comments:

  1. Your drawing talent never ceases to amaze me. This is awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow Darcy! Incredibly scary but brilliant! Chrisx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I loved Heath Ledger as the Joker in the Dark Knight. One of my favorite movies, this is an incredible drawing that you made of the Joker. Thanks for the share, hope you have a fantastic weekend. Keep up the posts.
    World of Animals

    ReplyDelete