Saturday 21 February 2009

Little squash book, using leftover 'Figgy Pudding' papers. I only took a few photos on New Years Day, so a mini book like this is an ideal size for them. Finished book measures 3 inches x 3 inches, with the covers ever so slightly bigger.



Tutorials can be found.



HERE

HERE

and HERE



The book is really easy to make, and there are lots of tutorials on the internets, those 3 are just the first I came accross when I googled, I think the third one has a 'how to' video.



Most squash books only use 3 sheets of paper for pages and 2 for covers, I used 7 for the pages and another 2 for the covers. Making my book not quite so squashed... I used Basic Grey-Figgy Pudding 6x6 paper pad. I had bought a couple of these the year before last to make Christmas cards, and had a few pages left over.



Embellishments include, Postage stamps, stickers,rub-ons,stamped images,vellum quotes and sticky backed ribbon. Journalling was handwritten on strips of linen card. The photos are from new Years Day, when my family met for lunch in a hotel not far from us. I printed out the menu choices for the day on small strips of linen card, and stuck them in too. thankfully I was able to find the menu still online, as I would never had remembered it. I added photos and embellies to both the front and the back, using 14 photos in total.















No comments:

Post a Comment