This sample was done using JOFY 12
I added a little more craft paint to indicate my focal shapes. Note they were not painted in properly or carefully, as these will fade into the background.
Next I added a little random stamping, again this is just to add interest to the background.
and then as you can see, the colour is all knocked back by adding white acrylic. Rolling it on with a brayer means you get an even enough layer to cover everything, but it is still thin enough for elements to peer through.
Now the stamping fun begins, the stamps in this set are very narrow and spindly/twiggy..ideal for intertwining and building a nest.
I added more of the stems to build up the nest, and then added some leaves to the branch, which is now very much in the background.
I wanted the focal point to be the leaves,stems and flowers, so I placed the leaves on the branch but didn't have them joined onto it. I then masked off one of the flowers, and using just the flower head I stamped my 3 eggs inside the nest.
As with the other samples, I used Letraset Aquamarkers to colour the leaves, the flowers and the shading on the nest. They blend so beautifully over the matte acrylic paint.
I coloured the bird with aquamarkers, and then stamped on his wing and tail.
I outlined each element with a grey aquamarker, just to make it stand up from the background a little.
I stamped the title onto smooth printer paper, edged it with an aquamarker and glued it to the page..
Then I added some white highlights all over, using a white gelly roll pen.
At this point it was finished, but the more I looked at it the more the 3 eggs were annoying me, so I had to alter that.
Because I had used water based markers over the acrylic paint, it meant that I could take a little water and a tissue and wipe away some of the brown from inside of the nest. I then added some white acrylic and stamped more eggs, and coloured them. I was much happier, once the nest was full. Finally I added some neocolor crayon around the edge and blended it inwards.
As with the other samples I 'set' the piece by spraying a light coat of satin varnish.
Thanks for stopping by, I really hope you have enjoyed seeing how these samples developed.