Monday 26 May 2014

Coloured Crochet Card

This month for Letraset I wanted to try my hand at CAS style (clean and simple) it really isn't something I have had much luck with in the past. I am a grungey crafter, and clean things always end up with smudges on them. But over on the PaperArtsy blog I have been inspired by Joanne Wardle  and Keren Baker, both these girls do great CAS projects. 

So I decided to do my best at a minimalist card. first I crocheted these petals..


and stitched the into a flower. You can find the instructions to make one HERE.. You could of course just buy a ready made flower. 


I then started to colour the flower using flexmarkers.  i began with the darkest shades in the middle, and worked my way out to the edges.. 


It didn't take long at all, I used a medium pressure dabbing motion. 


I added some white sheer ribbon to a white card blank, then added a thinner piece of ribbon on top. I coloured the top ribbon with a Flexmarker. 


I glued on the flower using Glossy Accents. 


Next i printed a sentiment out onto Safmat, stuck this over white card and mounted that onto some toned card. 


It looked good, but there was just too much white, so i used my Flexmarkers to ink up a couple of stamps, and added a little stamping in two areas. 


To finish the card I added a white stick pin, and some dots of white dimensional paint around the flower centre. 


Amazingly, all the white parts stayed clean and are all still white. 


I have a pack of Flexmarkers (6 pack Muted tones) to give away..



Please do TWO things for me.

1. go to the Letraset blog and leave a comment (click here)

2. come back here and add your name to the linky

Only names that appear in BOTH places will be entered.






7 comments:

  1. Love the card, Darcy. Adding the bit of stamping seems just the right touch. ☺

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful flower & love the matching ribbon :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous Crochet Card Darcy! I love it xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a lovely card, the flower is gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the idea of colouring fabrics. Well done.
    Jeannie E.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the coloured flower - would not have thought of that ! your CAS is fab x

    ReplyDelete