Tuesday 17 February 2015

Demo Tag #1

As promised, over the next few days , I will show you the tags that I made and took along to the Craft,Hobby and Stitch show. These were on display in front of me on the demo desk  for people to see and take photos. I like having samples that people  can handle and examine details up close.

Tag #1.
I began by blending Glass Blue and Wisteria using the black side of cut n dry foam onto a piece of heavy smoothy. 


I added each colour 2-3 times, blending in a circular motion, until I reached a good combination that I liked. I then brayered a little Blue Oyster over the whole piece. 


Next I mixed some Grunge Paste with Smurf this was used with a stencil over the tag.. leaving gaps here and there. 


Next I added a tiny amount of water to a spray bottle then just a drop of Blueberry. I gave it a really good shake and then sprayed the paint over the tag. 


Then I dripped some watery Blueberry and Prawn down the tag.


Next I painted regular smoothy with Blueberry and Prawn. On the Blueberry I stamped the microbial type stamp just with black archival, on the Prawn I stamped and embossed with WOW Primary Ebony.


I curved the stem from the large flower on EDY 13, if you do this on a flexi block it will stay in place. I stamped onto smoothy twice, leaving a gap between. I then filled the gap with Prawn before stamping the text. 


I painted some smoothy with Jade, stamped the triangle leaf and extended the stem on some. I also stamped and coloured the buds from EDY14 and mounted those onto white to create a border.


However it looked too cluttered and just didn't gel properly, so I started stripping it back till I just had these 3 trees left. 


The microbial images were layered up and the top one curled in.


...and then I changed my mind about the trees and shifted them to the opposite side.. Finally i was happy with the more minimal look. 


Lastly I flicked some watery Snowflake over the tag being careful to avoid the Prawn area. 


I am really happy with it now, taking the more prominent images off made it look much more cohesive and allowed the fabulous grunge paste texture to be seen. I especially love the background, and the flicks of white pop really well. I think this could be a great background for a wintery scene. 

The curved stem makes a great border that could be used in lots of situations, and curling a layer of a repeated image is a cool way to add dimension. 

Lots of techniques here.
Blending, tinting grunge paste, stencilling with grunge paste, spraying, dripping, bending stamps, extending stems, layering and curling images.. 

Feel free to explore these ideas more in your projects. 
Darcy x

7 comments:

  1. Prawn looks really good on the blues! Great step by step. Fab tag! X

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fantastic CAS Grunge tag Darcy, the stencil texture works brilliantly and the prawn banner pops beautifully.

    Thanks for sharing step by step:-) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. *has this set on my birthday list :D * XXX

    ReplyDelete
  4. Also this one is very beautiful, I love it Darcy. Coco xx

    ReplyDelete