Saturday 20 August 2016

Patterns

Another page in my PaperArtsy junk journal, this one is all about patterns. For this page I have drawn and coloured a Mandala. 

First with pencil and a compass.. 


Going over the lines with a medium grey fineliner. 


Starting to colour with Prisma pencils


More colouring..



Adding in more colours, plus shading with darker pencils. 




Once I had finished colouring I added Infusions tot he outside edges


Not sure I liked it, the outer edges looked  a bit grungy.


So I used white paint to go over the Infusions, as they are water reactive they merged with the paint and created a pleasant pale green background. 

I then added the black stripes. 


I really love this page. 
Darcy





6 comments:

  1. oh fab! love the end result - like you, not sure about the infusion stage but just love how you rescued it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is absolutely wonderful, Darcy, I love seeing your process for making a mandala and I love the shading and the stripes. I agree with you and Helen it was the right decision not to stick with the infusions,

    Lucy x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this Darcy..... such a wonderful pattern

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this too, it packs a real punch of colour. Ruth x

    ReplyDelete