Wednesday 21 September 2016

Seth Apter Tag 6

The final tag in my series of Seth Apter Tags. 

This tag started off as one colourway and changed completely part way through. I started off with Greys and Black, and made a cool background... 

I really liked this background, but it just didn't go with the bits I wanted to put on top...so I turned it over, and started again.. 



I guess with the having to start again I lost track of what I was doing and forgot to take photos... so this is just a close up of the background. 

I began with Conrete, then brayered on Coral , Tango and Banana. This gave me a nice warm summery base. Over this I added the cogs from my stamp EDY02 I used Watering Can Archival as this recedes into the background better than black. 

I then unified it all with more concrete. 


To enhance the background I added Seth's circle stamp and embossed it with WOW embossing powder in White Pearl.


It is like one of those holographic pictures, it looks regular from the front but tilt it and suddenly these circles appear, it's like magic. 


Next I used Seth's dies to cut some smoothy card, this had first been through Seth's embossing folders. Gridiron and Maze. I then painted them with Slate and Cherry Red. 


Now to layer them up and interlock, one of the great things about these die cuts is that they feed into each other. 


The large circle was cut in half and glued to the outer edges. This was topped with half of my windmill flower from EDY05 The white details are liquid pearls in White Pearl. 


To add a little balance to the circles I added a small heart from my stamp EDY01


The Embossed die cuts have a little Treasure Gold rubbed over them, it works brilliantly over Slate paint. I also added the text from EDY02


Almost there I have one more sample to show you, see you soon. 
Darcy 




1 comment: