Wednesday 14 October 2015

Snowman Journal Page

hi everyone, here is a snowman page for you. i didn't have a real plan for this page, and it didn't turn out very Christmassy at all.. more just wintery I think.. 



As I had no plan, I began with some stripes of Captain Peacock and Mermaid, over these I brushed Metallic Glaze. 





Next i rubbed on a little Professor Plum and Haystack, this just added a little interest to certain areas and knocked back some of the stripes. 

Now to start adding layers, first up I used an alphabet stencil and Blueberry paint, then  Prima zig zag stencil and Mermaid. I then used my favourite Sara Naumann text stamp in the background using black archival ink. 

Next up the ever popular technique of stencil bumping using Professor Plum and Snowflake. It was all a bit blocky and bright, so I used a brayer to add a layer of white to soften everything.  Next some more stamping of various stars using Cornflower archival ink. 



It needed some texture, so I used Grunge Paste through a text stencil. I didn't want this to be prominent, so I just left it uncoloured. 


I was pretty happy with this background and decided to move on to making some focal images. 


First I added the text tree from EDY15 this was stamped onto tissue paper and glued in place. 



I stamped the large flower from EDY16 onto painted card. I layered it up 4 times, one layer is patterned scrapbook paper. They are finished off with liquid pearls and a bit of shading with Pitt pens. 



Next I painted some tissue white and then stamped the snowman from EDY15, painted some of the areas and then cut it out and glued it to the page. To finish him I added stickles and liquid pearls. 



The baubles are kept simple, just stamped onto painted card and accents added. 



I had some little trees let over from another project so these were added either side of the snowman. 



Finally I stamped the title, and thats it all done. I like the pale wintery colours and sparkly accents. 

Don't forget these stamps are available now from your favourite PaperArtsy retailer. 

Darcy x


5 comments:

  1. You are so very cute - red hair and all and I do love your journal page!
    sandy xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a lovely wintery page!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your base colours together and the layering is luscious! Your snowman is so cute Darcy and glad that it's not just me that still uses Stickles! Fabulous winters mood! Xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. In love with the colours and layers here... fabulous!
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Terrific page, the background looks great.

    ReplyDelete